PassDrop for iPhone
PassDrop is a fully-featured secure password management system, compatible with the free KeePass 1.x (Classic) and multi-platform KeePassX desktop applications. PassDrop uses the free DropBox storage service for hassle-free synchronization of your password databases between your iPhone, Windows, OS X, and Linux desktop computers.
Got Questions or Problems? Check the PassDrop FAQ for the answers!
Update: 3/16/2013 - PassDrop version 1.21 is available on the App Store, however there is a screen orientation bug in this version that can render the app relatively unusable for iPad users. I have submitted version 1.22 which fixes this issue and it should be available soon. If you are on an iPad, I recommend waiting for version 1.22 to become available before updating. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Strong emphasis on clean, simple, intuitive user interface
- Fully optimized for all devices including retina iPhones and iPads
- Load, create, and edit multiple KeePass 1.x databases in your DropBox account
- Open KeePass 1.x databases with any file extension
- Fully integrated two-way syncing to DropBox, with collision detection
- Lock file utilization when opening databases in edit mode
- Offline read access to databases when no network is available
- View, create, move, sort, and edit all groups and entries nested to any level
- Password generator to automatically create random strong passwords for entries
- Entry search capabilities at global and group-specific levels
- Copy logins, passwords, urls, or notes to your clipboard
- Automatically open urls in Safari while PassDrop remains open in the background
- Optionally clear clipboard whenever PassDrop is re-activated
- "Lock in background" option to auto-lock your database after a customizable amount of time
- Hide "Backup" group results when searching entries
- Encrypted HTTPS communication directly with the official DropBox API for maximum security
Commonly Requested Missing Features
- File attachment viewing and sharing
- Option to visually mark or hide expired entries
- Add files from other apps via file sharing
- Ability to unlink DropBox and keep local databases
- Key file authentication
- Better UTF16/international character support
- KeePass 2.x database support
- KeePass 2.x is not an improved version of KeePass 1.x, but rather an entirely new product with completely unrelated file formats. Both KeePass 1.x and 2.x are actively developed and maintained and are viable password storage solutions. I chose to support KeePass 1.x with PassDrop due to the higher portability and multi-platform support for the KeePass 1.x file format.
- Twofish encryption
Availability and Contact
PassDrop is available for $1.99 on the iPhone App Store here. You can contact me regarding PassDrop at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're having problems or have questions about how to use the app, you can also check the PassDrop FAQ which may already have the answers for you. PassDrop is free (as in speech) software, and the full source code is available from me under the terms of the GPL upon request.